Saturday, August 16, 2008

Rampage of Appreciation game - Join In!

Similar to keeping a gratitude journal, in the book "Ask and It Is Given", Esther and Jerry Hicks write about a game called "Rampage of Appreciation". What is written below is taken from this book, pages 142-146.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In this game, you actually set your vibrational frequency to one of allowing what you have asked for into your experience. In your mode of appreciation, you are in the practice of receiving.

This game can be played anywhere and at any time because it is simply about directing pleasant thoughts in your mind. If you were to write down your thoughts, it would enhance the process, but isn't necessary.

Begin by looking around your immediate environment and gently noticing something that pleases you. Try to hold your attention on this pleasing object as you consider how wonderful, beautiful, or useful it its. And as you focus upon it longer, your positive feelings about it will increase.

For example:
While standing in line at the post office, you may think:
This is a very nice building. There's so much more parking here than at the old post office. There are more counters here, and the line moves much faster than before.
It's great that they keep it so clean.
I like how friendly that postal worker is.
I appreciate the way that mother is interacting with her child.
I like that jacket.
My day is really going well.

While driving to work:
I love my car.
This new freeway is wonderful. There are no traffic lights to slow me down. I can travel so much faster than before. This drive offers such a beautiful view.
Even though it's raining I'm making very good time.
I love how reliable my vehicle is.
I'm grateful for my job.

As you appreciate things, then you attract something else to appreciate, until, in time, you are experiencing a Rampage of Appreciation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since writing down your appreciation enhances the process, please share your Rampages of Appreciation here!

Here is mine to start us off!
I love the quiet where I live. So nice to not hear so much traffic. My flowers are looking beautiful! I'm glad I'm able to promote their growth! I'm so appreciating the latest creativity streak I've had. It is so energizing to let it flow, flow, flow. I am really looking forward to using my new metallic oil pastels. They are beautiful. I love the ones that are metallic magenta and metallic teal! What a great hike I went on yesterday. The wildflowers were amazing. I could see them all the time and never tire of them. I especially like the rose-colored Indian Paintbrush. They really make my heart sing. Seeing the clouds hanging over the mountains was a nice and interesting change. I took some pretty good photos. Seeing the Columbine growing in the boulder field above treeline was surprising. It was wonderful synchronicity for me to get back to my car just as it started raining! The Universe is really taking care of me. I feel so fortunate to live in Colorado and have such beautiful and wild places to hike. The wilderness makes me feel so alive. I'm so appreciative of Abraham, Jerry and Ester Hicks and this game! I'm thankful for how light and expanded I've felt recently. It feels so good to be doing this and I appreciate feeling good!

Your turn!
WOW! You should try it! It is great fun!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that today was a beautiful day! I love that I went for a hike today! I love that my vegetable soup tasted so good.
I love that I got so much accomplished. I love that I got to see a good friend and we had a wonderful time. I love that tomorrow is Sunday!

I love that more and more people will be joining in this fun!

Anonymous said...

Looking at my last post, I have to laugh at what I'm appreciating today... some of the same things! :) I love that I went for a wonderful hike, I love that the sun was shining and there was a slight breeze and it was quite warm for this time of year. I love how beautiful it looked with the shadows on the hills, and the grasses moving in the breeze. I love that I only saw a few people. I love that I was so completely "full" experiencing the beauty I witnessed. I love that it felt so good being out in nature, soaking up the sunshine and moving my body!

I SO appreciate washing machines! I love that I did laundry today and my clothes are all neat and clean and smell fresh!

I love that Dad is feeling better, and that I'm optimistic about his recovery and mom's surgery on Wednesday.

I love, I love, I love!

Anyone else?

Love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone,
I love that there is a full moon! I love that I saw a friend today whom I miss! I love that my mom is home from the hospital and the "prognosis" sounds great! I love that that is such a relief! I love that I have friends to send my rampage to that don't think I'm nuts! I love that we rampage together! I love that I bought a yummy brownie today! I love that I'm going to go do some spontaneous drawing now!
Sweet dreams!
Love,
Lisa
:)

Lisa Dieken said...

Hello Everyone!
I love that I tried a new recipe last night and it turned out well and tasted pretty good! I love that I watched a film about Picasso's life. I love that I learned so much about him and his work. I love that the spontaneous drawing I'm doing is enjoyable! I love that I'm using oil pastels on colored paper. I love that the oil pastel slides so smoothly over the paper. I love that I had a peak experience last week and that it lasted for several days! I love that it felt so amazing to be in that state for so long. I love to think I could do it again, for longer and longer periods of time! I love that this is catching on and more and more people will be joining me here to share their appreciation, gratitude and loves!
Who's next? Anyone?

Love,
Lisa
;)

Lisa said...

Hello!
I love that it is a new year and there are new beginnings and enthusiasm for those new beginnings is everywhere! I love that I've started participating in a creativity group and I love that I wrote my very first 3-line-story on Friday. I LOVE that I made that into a post for the blog! And I love that it will be in my next newsletter as well. I love that I have a new red apron that to me is a sign from the Universe that it would be a good idea to spend more time on cooking nutritious meals. I love that I'm sure a new kitchen is next in my new home along with my beloved!

Love to you,
Lisa
:)

Lisa said...

I love that class started this week and I love that it feels so good to be in it! I love that things are flowing smoothly and effortlessly. I love that I'm feeling connected to my Higher Self/Source more than ever before.
I love that I feel so expanded and confident!
I love that I have such wonderful friends, near and far!
I love that the book launch is on Tuesday!
Love to you,
Lisa
:)