Friday, October 30, 2009

Silly Something

I've been having fun reading Shel Silverstein poetry and wanted to share a few:

SOMEBODY HAS TO
Somebody has to go polish the stars,
They’re looking a little bit dull.
Somebody has to go polish the stars,
For the eagles and starlings and gulls
Have all been complaining they’re tarnished and worn,
They say they want new ones we cannot afford.
So please get your rags
And your polishing jars,
Somebody has to go polish the stars.
~Shel Silverstein

MY BEARD
My beard grows to my toes,
I never wears no clothes,
I wraps my hair
Around my bare,
And down the road I goes.
~Shel Silverstein

PUT SOMETHING IN
Draw a crazy picture,
Write a nutty poem,
Sing a mumble-gumble song,
Whistle through your comb.
Do a loony-goony dance
‘Cross the kitchen floor,
Put something silly in the world
That ain’t been there before.
~Shel Silverstein

What's something silly that YOU can put in the world? :)

1 comment:

Laura Hegfield said...

some of my favorite poems lisa!

thanks for reminding my of how much I love Shel Silverstein!